Tuesday, May 1, 2007

"Hi My name is....

.....And I'll be taking care of you this evening."

Where should I start? For years I have said that I was going to start keeping a journal of all of the stupid, rude, and unbelievable things I have seen as a waitress. And I am not the only one with stories.

Some of the stories are simply silly.
(The customer who pretended to steal a tray of donuts and ended up wearing them on his shirt.)
Others are stupid.
("No, the French Onion Soup cannot be served without onions.")
Some are about the rude customers.
("Could we get our food sometime today?")
And, of course, the unbelievable.
("He took his LEG off under the table!")

People who have never worked in the restaurant biz may have a hard time appreciating the frustration we face on a daily basis. And some of these stories are much funnier if you have experienced something similar.

If nothing else, this is a place to vent.

Enjoy!

No comments: