Friday, May 22, 2009

Where did the Doorservers Go???

Don't get me wrong... I know that being a doorserver is not an easy job. I've done it. I hated it. I would do everything I can to avoid doing it again.

But the fact remains that a crappy doorserver car ruin your night. And don't think that only the new ones are the crappy ones....

So I have put together a little list of important points to remember, just in case anyone needs a little refresher course.

*Someone needs to stay at the door. There are 4 of you, you can't all walk off at the same time...

*You really need to know where the clean tables are before you start walking people into the dining room.

*Since there are 9 food servers, please follow the rotation set up by our corporate managers to make sure all servers get at least one table.

*Don't make elderly people walk through the entire restaurant for a back table.

*Don't skip me because you just sat me 10 minutes ago. I can handle it.

*Don't put people on a wait if I have 3 open tables.

*Don't forget about Station 9. I know it's in the back, but.....

*Don't give customers menus with teeth marks in them ~ or hot fudge on them.

*Don't seat dirty tables.

Anyting else??

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOL CRAP...i couldn't of put that in better words myself. I know how u feel for sure....GUH

Anonymous said...

So many years have past since my server days, but I still judge the restaurants I visit as if I was still a server.
Sticky menus: gack! Red Lobster and Outback are soo guilty of this, at least where I live.

M.L.Daniels said...

This should be printed out and given to host staff on their first day, and they should be forced to memorize it word for word. Keep up the good work! God bless.

Gregory said...

It's not surprising that waitresses do not know some of these do and don't. I have seen them make these mistakes before.

DJ Ciccone said...

Very well said. When I was working as a door server these were the rules I tried to live by.

For more waitress stories, check out Server Nightmares.com

Anonymous said...

this is only funny o me - because i live this regularly!!

Unknown said...

Lol managers need to read this. In my restaurant the managers will happily give you 6 tables at once and expect you to deliver perfect service to all of them! If the first table ordered everything... by the time i get to the 6th table foods going t be ready for table no1... and i haven't ran there drinks! Don't you wish you could do everything yourself! I like your blog check mine...
waitingtables-reviews.blogspot.com
:)

Waitress4Life said...

After years of going back and forth between waitressing jobs, I finally lost the passwords to this blog... But I haven't given up! Or lost my absolute desire to share the JOYS of the restaurant world!!
Join me on the blog I CAN access and will be updating (hopefully!!) far more frequently in the near future!!
It's great to be back... I really need to vent! Waitress4Life
waitressagain.blogspot.com