Friday, April 24, 2009

Notes from the meeting....

They let me leave the meeting 30 minutes early, so I feel a little bad about trash talking, but seriously, was it really that important?

First, they fed us Tootsie Rolls (At 8AM?) Ok
THEN - they told us that the person who took the most candy at our table had to stand up in front of everyone and share something personal about their life. Thank goodness I can't eat candy until after that second cup of coffee is down.

Next was the Award Ceremony - which for the first time went to someone who is not a huge show about how much she helps. Someone who actually DESERVED the award. I was already impressed.

Following the Award Ceremony, we took a look at out Customer Service scores. Almost impressive - we're near the top of the company. (Hmmmm - manager's scores are a little low, though...)

Next - and this is my favorite part - we got to ROLE PLAY being servers. Please tell me we weren't expected to take this seriously, because I need far more coffee to pull this one off.

Finally, we - Oh - 9:30 - Time for me to sneak out the back door!

So I arrived back around 5PM for my bartending shift. What a riot! Half the staff was on doubles, the entire bartending staff had been at work since 7:30 AM. We were too tired to pretend that we were anything but a bunch of laughing idiots. We had a blast.

Thank goodness for regulars. I simply told them about my day, and to keep their expectations low. They loved it. So did my tip jar.... Maybe I need to be tired more often.

No comments: